Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help

Hi !
    The snow has just left , so I try to started my Midnight 1100\ 1981, well I had to use some stater fluid but after 5 minute running , I checked my exhaust and the one on the rights was hot but the one on the left was cold, then I the the pipe coming out of the head and only the third cylinder was really hot , the other one was cold. Then I checked all my sparks plug and they seem to fired it up, so right now I took the coil out and I' m gone put the ohm meter on it and try that . ( Also on my left muffler, shifter side , there was some little drop of gas coming out , cause there is a little hole in the middle of the muffler , about half inch, that mean when the engine was running, it was not burning is gas, I will change my pipe this summer............. this is a lot of work

If anybody can tell me why there was only one pipe hot and the rest were cold , that mean.....................???????????

Thanks

Gilles

Canada , Quebec

check out the info on carbs. it sounds like you need to clean them. IF all plugs are firing why do you need to pull the coil?

First bike was an: 1978 XS1100
    Second bike is an FJR1300.
    Now I'm restoring a '79 XS1100.

Comment

Ditto on the carb suggestion as a place to start. You had to use starter fluid because it was probably not getting any fuel through the carbs. Welcome to the world of 'triple clean'.

When you get it fired up again with clean carbs, you will also want to check your pick-up coil wires to be sure everything is in good order there too.
      Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
      X