fuel line i.d.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel line i.d.

Just got some nice flexible black neoprene fuel line( I believe it is for Honda). Looks just like oem and fits on connectors very nicely. However, it turns out to be 3/16 rather than 1/4 in. inside diameter. Is this OK for fuel flow?
    80 SG
    81 SH in parts
    99 ST1100
    91 ST1100

I would think so, especially if you are still using the octopus. The way I have my 80SG plumbed, I can run on just one one petcock at a time, with no fuel starvation problems when on the freeway at 75-80 mph.

Comment

Thanks John, Why would one want to run with just one petcock?
      Yes I have the octopus, I believe everything is still original and I don't seem to have any problems. Did have a little leak, hence the fuel line work and put those new rubber discs in the petcocks.
      80 SG
      81 SH in parts
      99 ST1100
      91 ST1100

Comment

Eliminating the octopus removes a few chances for leakage, and mine wasn't shutting off the flow properly when the engine was off. I awoke to a gasoline puddle on the garage floor, and thinned down engine oil too many times. I have a gas fired water heater in my garage, and a few times the fumes were so strong I was surprized I didn't have an explosion. Now I just turn on and off one petcock, and the problem is solved.
        When my low fuel light comes on, I just open the other petcock and have a little more fuel available before switching to reserve. It works well for me, and that's how I like it. You know, the KISS theory...

Comment

Working...
        X