750 question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 question.

what parts from xs750's will fit the xs1100. will the tach - speedo fit. front brake rotors is the gas tank bigger. my bike is a 80 sg. any other parts that might interchange.
    when you want something bad enough, don't let anything stand in your way, and don't take "no" for an answer. EVER

graybird78
    80 sg (old faithfull)

Hey there Graybird,

The Speedo will, the tach won't; XS11=electronic; 750=mechanical

The front discs have similar numbers, but not the same, however if your 750 is a Special, the calipers ARE interchangeable, so I would suspect the rotors too!?

The tanks I think are not as big as the 11, but the cap, again if special 750 will swap, perhaps the tank badges, too?

You can bring up 2 browser windows, go to the Online Parts in each one, select the SG1100 in one, the 750 in the other, and bring up systems and compare numbers!? Happy Hunting!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

The 750 and 1100 share the same calipers (stdandard to standard, special to special). The rotors are different (smaller on the 750).
      Tanks are different, rear fender is the same. Turnsignals are interchangeable, switches (turn, start) and levers are the same. Oil cooler off an 850 will work on the 1100. Shocks are the same too.
      Some XS650 parts fit too.
      (note to self, don't try to stuff an 1100 into a 650 frame)
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

The headlight bucket and mounting ears will fit. A lot of electrical will swap. The handle bars & switches will interchange. The pilot box from the 79 and 80 750-850 specials will swap. Tail lights will swap. I believe the wheels will fit. Almost all the brake componenets except the rotore will fit. Also, the conecting rod bearings will fit. The main bearings will not. The tank is bigger on the 750 Special. It's just a matter of looking, and test fitting. The 850 oil cooler can be used, but does not bolt to the frame, and the hoses must be modified to make it work. I ran one on my bike for years, and those are the mods that I had to do. I have a 650 Special tail light on my SG. I also have the horn and starter buttons from Mikes XS, which is a 650 parts site. Some of the carb parts from the later model 650 will fit also. Brake pads will fit also.

Comment

Pat;
          I cannot understand the "note to self". Why NOT try to stuff an 1100 into a 650 frame? it would be fast for a little while!!
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

thanks for the replys. i found a guy parting out 750. looks like it could be a special. doesn't want much for the parts.likes to trade for stuff.
            when you want something bad enough, don't let anything stand in your way, and don't take "no" for an answer. EVER

graybird78
            80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

Working...
            X