Headlight problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight problem

Just reinstalled my headlight bucket and reconnected everything.
    Now the headlight does not light and the rt. turn signal stays on.
    Guess I'm just being stupid but after a number of tries I still get the same. I know there are electrical wizards out there. THANKS,I want to go for a ride!
    80 SG
    81 SH in parts
    99 ST1100
    91 ST1100

Hey there Dean,

Regrettably you've either plugged the wrong wires into the wrong connectors....those bullet style ones, as well as possibly fried a fuse with the incorrect connections?? Remember, the headlight won't come on until the engine is running.

Is both the front and rear right light on, or just the front? If just the front, then that further confirms the wrong wires are connected. You've plugged a constant "hot" wire into the turn signal lead somehow. It might even be the lead for the headlight, although I'm not sure how you would have separated and crossed those to begin with since they have different style plugs? Try the turn signal, and see if the headlight blinks?

Do you have a copy of the wiring diagram for your bike? I can send you one if you don't!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

TC, Problem solved. Fuses were ok but I did fiddle with the fusebox contacts. Probably should try a fusebox upgrade shortly.
      Signals were just a dumb wrong connection. I do have a wiring diagram. Yours wouldn't be one of those color varieties would it?
      Hope your weather is warming faster than mine. Thanks again
      Dean
      80 SG
      81 SH in parts
      99 ST1100
      91 ST1100

Comment

Working...
      X