Kuryakyn Footpegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kuryakyn Footpegs

I have searched high and low for footpegs that will mount into the female pivot point of the xs11. It is difficult to find pictures of the male peg adapters by Kuryakyn, but it appears that the Yamaha type for Viragos will not work because it is not shaped the same as the xs11's. Most others had the pivot pin hole too far in. The one that might work is made for rear peg adapters for Suzukis (adapter 8821). I sure hope that it works, or that it only needs a bit of grinding to make it work. I am getting the Retro style pegs. I'll keep you informed into what is needed to make them work.
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Hey Skids,

Is this for the front driver pegs, I would think so!? I went to the Kuryakn site, they listed several other models besides the one you mentioned(8821), but they didn't provide any other pictures. I read about how they custom design these parts to only fit specific models without any custom fitting or modifying required. It's a shame that they don't provide the dimension stats for their parts, so that we could measure our machines and decide if a particular part will match up or not.

Keep us posted as to your progress and hopefully eventual success. They did have some OFFSET type pegs, again for HD's, and they look like they hang down from the attachment point instead of being able to rotate it in any direction to mimic our setup, not sure how the peg part attaches to the offset anyways, whether it's only one fixed way, or if it can be changed/rotated!?
    Would be a nice flashy shiny alternative to the OEMs!

My rubbers are kinda worn on mine, remember reading about being able to replace them....that the OEM's were still available, will have to search for that thread/source!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Kuryakyn foot pegs

I have received the Kuryakyn foot pegs and adaptors in the mail. I used Suzuki rear peg adaptors (8821) for the male part of the pivot section, removed the pins from the stock peg arms, and bolted them together. These pegs are real nice-looking. I had to use washers (two metal and two rubber, each) to tighten-up the space between the male adaptor and the stock pivot area. The company errantly sent me Yamaha adaptors as well, but they do not work out as-is, because they would cause the pegs to hang downward. The Suzuki adaptors are about perfect, but they maybe could use just a touch of grinding to bring the angle closer to perfect, but I am thinking that I will not need to do that. As you know the pivot angle is up and to the rear, about 45 degrees from horizontal, therefore the slight difference caused by the Suzuki adaptor is probably negligable. I should mention that these pegs ("Retro Style") will be longer than stock (over an inch), and there is no spring mechanism, and I have not yet installed them on the bike, but I am 99% sure they will work well for me. YMMV. I will post pictures of the pegs when I figure out how...
      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Try this, and pict a picture.

http://home.earthlink.net/~sidskids/footpegs/
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Comment

Would removing the washers (spacers) make room for the spring? That is, assuming you want the spring.
          Pat Kelly
          <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
          1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
          2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
          1999 Suburban (The Ship)
          1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
          1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

No, the stock xs11 had a hollow male end that contained the spring around the pivot pin. The replacement adaptor male end is solid. There is a hole in it to use a spring (or whatever) for the suzuki, but I wouldn't know how to make it work. The way they are attached to my peg arms, they will rotate with some pressure (ie a laydown) but I think they will not rattle with my feet on the highway pegs.

Originally posted by Pat Kelly
            Would removing the washers (spacers) make room for the spring? That is, assuming you want the spring.
            Skids (Sid Hansen)

Comment

Kuryakyn pegs

I got my Kuryakyn "Dually ISO™-Pegs Without Ends" and the adapters in the mail and I installed them. They do look sharp! I did have to grind the adapters just a little for them to rest horizontally. The adapters are for the Suzuki rears (#8821).
              Skids (Sid Hansen)

Comment

Updated info and pictures!

Hey Skids,

I took the liberty of gleening your comments from the Yahoo posts, and combined them with links to further illustrate what you are saying, hope you don't mind?! T.C.

I have received the Kuryakyn foot pegs and adaptors in the mail. I used Suzuki rear peg adaptors (#8821) for the male part of the pivot section, removed the pins from the stock peg arms, and bolted them together.
                http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=metric&ci=3145

I should mention that these pegs ("Retro Style") will be longer than stock (over an inch), and there is no spring mechanism.
                http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=metric&ci=2905

I have installed them on the bike, there is a slight back and up angle, but I think they will work well for me. I will know more when this snow disappears later in the week.

I ordered them from "meancycles.com." Here is a link to get you right there, you you can surf through their site with their search engine.
                http://www.meancycles.com/Home.asp?A...acturerID=1387

Retro pegs, KU4401, $39.95
                Suzuki rear adaptors, KU8821, $15.95
                Shipping, $8.99

Total, $64.89

I think the Iso Pegs are cheaper, a bit narrower, and look to have a bit more "meat" to them. I might gat a pair of those for the other bike. PS, I have stood on the Retros when mounted and the seem real sturdy.

They sent me some Yamaha adapters by mistake. They do NOT work. The pivot pin hole is too close to the pinch point (the right angle corner) and as a result, the pegs hang at a downward angle. Also, the pin hole diameter is too small. At least with the Suzuki adaptors, there is enough metal at the pinch point to grind off just a little to make them perfectly horizontal, if you are so inclined. I think I can live with the very slight angle, up and back, without any grinding at all. I have no idea about the rear pegs... If you go with a wider peg, be careful about clearances with brake pedal, etc.

I just went out and looked at the clearance possibilities with the
                brake pedal. The adaptor sets the peg further out than the stock
                one. Because of this, the "DUALLY ISO-PEGS (PAIR)
                http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=metric&ci=2875

Part No: KU7963" should also work, even though they are wider towards the rear. I am ordering a pair for the other bike.

The Kuryakyn main web page:http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.asp
                T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Do you have any pics of them on your bike.Looking threw kuryakyn's adapters e-mailed them for the specs on some of them.Namely the 8803 ones looks to have about the same angle plus the pegs can be rotated on the adapter.
                  http://www.kuryakyn.com/documents/in...-21MC-0602.pdf
                  1980 XS1100g

Comment

Working...
                  X