Differences in bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences in bikes

I just started looking at the differences between my '78 XS11E and pictures others have posted here. One of the major differences is that while I have a plastic color co-ordinated front fender, others have a chrome front fender. I am assuming that the chrome is the proper one and would be original equipment, please verify or correct me. The rear fender is chrome.

BTW to those who have seen my "Kill Switch" thread: the problem was with the battery. It doesn't register over 9V and as I understand it, on these bikes anything under 10V keeps spark from the cylinders. A new battery and viola! problem fixed. Thanx to all for their input.
    Rod

Macho Maroon XS 11E

Never seen one with a plastic fender! Chrome on regular bikes and black chrome on a midnight I think. This bike gets the award for most original front fender (saw it on ebay):

Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Although that seat looks better than my current bike, the fender resemles nothing like my front fender (will send pics as soon as I develope and scan, yes, I'm a film photog). My fender looks kinda cool, but I don't think it's of the best quality as the material is a type of PVC and not very rigid (or maybe that's a good thing).
      Rod

Macho Maroon XS 11E

Comment

Working...
      X