beaten old horse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beaten old horse

ok summer is fast approaching,now i want the fat tire syndrom is getting me again.What about a single sided swing arm thats all the rage? have your shaft drive and fat tire too?Ok ok i'm going back in my cave now
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Hey Chevy,

I, too, was watching biker build off last night, saw the Triumph engine chopper, and also the special pseudospringer front end that was actually actuated by an air shock unit both front and back, the rear had that single swing arm..... the rear tire he had custom cut was only $15,000 just for the rim!!!!!!!

If I had a machine shop in my garage, and a spare XS11 to tinker with, then I'd be willing to play with a chain conversion, or this single swing arm shafter. Dream on.......!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

billet

ya wasn't that something,wow if i had 15 g's laying around ,you did hear also then that the tire was one of only 2 ever made a 330 series. I like you and many here could get a chain conversion easy enogh if i had a machine shop in my 10 by 10 shed.....lol
      1982 XJ 1100
      going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
      now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

what bout the new BMW inline fours?
        OK, I never rode a BMW that would ride as well as XS11 or at least show an adequate measure of security on the road, but.... it has a fat tire, shaft, single sided....

LP
        If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
        (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Working...
        X