Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo

I'm not interested in buying the 1100 turbo on ebay, just curious to see if there are any stories out there about them. Has anyone on here had any experience with one?
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

I've read somewhere on the net (maybe this site) about a guy up in Greeley, CO that runs a turbo XS11. I dunno about reliability but he claims the thing runs low 10's through the quarter...and that's at Mile High Drag Strip.

Comment

One of my buddies had turboed a Honda CBX, Kawasaki KZ1000, Suzuki GS1000, and a Yamaha XS1100E. I haven't talked to him in awhile but I do know that he road the XS1100 90 % of the time. Estimated speed 180+, acutal clocked speed 156 - 165 through the traps. A very reliable bike with routine maintance. Now he can not ride anymore, has been eaten up with cancer, the pain is to bad when he tried to ride. Was told that his bikes are now sitting in his warehouse and they are not for sale YET.
      Do'Lee
      XS1100SF "Green Hornet"
      (1) XS1100LG "Midnight Dream" Restoration has begun.
      (2) XS1100LG "Midnight Madness" Waiting to be next
      (5) multi partsters for bobber "Ruby Red II" On the list.
      SR500H "Silver Streak"

Comment

Here's a pic of my Turbo. It's not an XS though. It's a XJ650LJ.

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

Working...
        X