new owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new owner

Just purchased 1979 XS1100 - needs some work which doesn't bother me. I just finished a 1976 KAW KZ400 this winter. Last winter customized 2003 Roadstar Warrior can be seen at http://www.rswarrior.com/Gallery/indy102.aspx Am looking forward to to discussions on total rebuild.

Welcome.
    Your link to the Warrior didn't work for me.
    What are you planning for the XS? By "total rebuild" are you referring to a restoration to original, or do you have some customization in mind?
    What is the condition of the bike before you start your project?
    Mike

1980 SG "Angus"

Comment

Another new one

Hit the link and remove the period at the end then it works. Good looking bike and welcome.

***Link editted and fixed, just takes time to load!*** T.C.
      There's always a way, figure it out.
      78XS11E

Comment

Bike does run, brakes bind some. No dents or rust. Just overall age for 34,000 mile bike. I haven't decided if I was going to rebuid to stock or semi-custom. Possible thoughts - Engine and wheels polished not painted, repaint tins not black but blue. I hope I don't have to do much to engine other than carbs. Once I start I will post for advise. I value the advise from the experienced, I wouldn't have done the work on my Warrior without others input. Thanks for help in advance.

Comment

Welcome, Indy....
          If it's a standard, keep it stock. If it's special, I'd customize it a bit.
          But that's just me.
          Check out the tech tips section on what to look for in a neglected XS. Also check out will this affect milage thread in XS11/XJ11 discussion to see why.

LP
          If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
          (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Working...
          X