No announcement yet.

Are These Boxs/Fairing Original Or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are These Boxs/Fairing Original Or Not?

Dennis 79' XS1100F 80'XS650Special Lets Git-R-Done And Cruise

Is this fairing original??

**Hey Firefighter,
    I merged your two threads into one, and also converted the links to IMG format so that the pictures would show directly in the message without having to follow the link to photobucket.

I don't think they are OEM, but hard to see the saddlebags in the picture. T.C.

Comment

Thanks

Thank Top Cat i Wasent sure how it was gonna come out

Comment

let me see if this comes out right

i dont know if this back shot will help or not

Comment

The sadddle bags look like the bates bags I have on the Mistress. They should have the name bates on the lights. Just relooked at the pictures they are bates a good match for the set I have on her now .
          Ralph
          80 Midnight Sp-Evil Mistress
          96 Royal Star-unnamed
          650 Savage-unnamed

Comment

I wasent sure if they where original or not this is my first xs1100

Comment

i beleive they are after market bags & fairing for the 79 f.
              i have an all original 79f with the factory fairing & bags .
              i call her the FLASH, she lives up to the name
              lifes to short, so ride the wind

Comment

The fairing is a Vetter, it sez "Windjammer" right on the side.
                Fred Hill, S'toon.
                Fred Hill, S'toon
                XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

The '78-'79 Models did not come with factory touring accesories. Vetter and others made aftermarket stuff for the bike which is what you have here.
                  If I am not mistaken, you could buy an '80 with the option of a touring package from Yam. In '81 the "Venturer" (XS11H) came out with fully loaded touring package.
                  [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                  [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                  The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Click on the link below and you will see exactly what came with the Yamaha Factory Touring XS1100 Package. Fairing, sadlebags, touring seat, & Lockhart oil Cooler were standard with the package. The VDO clock, Oil Pressure gauge, Volt meter, Oil Tempurure gauge, were optional through the dealers.

This is the 2nd 1979 Touring bike I have owned. Both equiped the same except for the added optional gauges that this one has.

I bought this bike from the original owner. It's set up just as he took delivery from the dealer. I bought my first one back in 1980 from my Yamaha dealer, fully equiped.
                    Bubba1954
                    (aka) Shannon Koehn
                    Hutchinson, KS
                    http://www.fototime.com/inv/0EE87CEC5C8C774

Comment

Yamaha did have a "touring package" for the Eleven from day one. My first Eleven was ordered in late 77, and I ordered the complete Yamaha touring kit. The fairing, lowers, and saddle bags came match painted, the front springs and rear shocks were replaced, and the rack and box, oil cooler, and optional guages were all put on by the dealer.
                      The serial number of that bike was 2H7000254. The only thing I did in 34,000 miles was adjust three valves, and repair the pickup coil wires. I told Yamaha about the problem with the coils in 79, when I did the repair. They had the wires pinched too tightly on the backing plate, and that's why they failed.
                      Ray Matteis
                      KE6NHG
                      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
                      X