Pics of KONG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of KONG!

OK a couple of you Yehus (yahoos) ask me to post pics of Kong. I haven't had a chance to detail him yet but here he is.

I didn't wanna post pics until I knew it would run and not be parted out. I bought him on eBay. He was listed as a "parts" bike. Brought him home...carbs kits...petcocks....oil change....clean tank and

Vroooooooooooooooooommmmmmm!

Thanks so much for the help people.

Kong (my dad, Dave, and the JEHU in background)

Can someone say wow! ? Nice partser.

Comment

Yeah. When saw it on eBay I figured the pics were old. Contacted the guy and he said he'd just taken them. He also mentioned the bike would start on starting fluid and it sounded ok but wouldn't run.

Now I know why. The carbs were the worst I've seen in a while. TOTALLY gummed up. Not now though.

Comment

Long live the KONG

Sweeeet. Great job, enjoy!
        They Call Me the Breeze

'79 SF

Comment

Fantastic Bike! I wondered who would pick up on that bike when I seen it on eBay. There was a sweet Midnight Special on eBay just last week that only had 2k miles. It only attracted $650 in bids si it didn't sell.

Bubba
          Bubba1954
          (aka) Shannon Koehn
          Hutchinson, KS
          http://www.fototime.com/inv/0EE87CEC5C8C774

Comment

Nice, but i prefer stripped down

Just curious thouhg, i am trying to get a set of side bags to work and yours look awful close to the pipe, could you clue me in to how close they are ruffly. Thanks
            79 xs1100sf
            79 firebird
            85 f250 truggy

Comment

I used to think I prefered "stripped down" too....until I took a 2500 mile road trip on "Zilla".............SWEEEEET!

For just messin' around on the street I still prefer a naked bike. But the last road trip I took on a bare bike absolutely SUCKED!

Now... to answer your question...the corner of the Yammy hardbags are about one inch from the pipes. If ya need close up photos lemme know and I'll post something.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba1954
                There was a sweet Midnight Special on eBay just last week that only had 2k miles. It only attracted $650 in bids si it didn't sell.

Bubba
                Can you believe that! If the "old lady" wasn't so gripey I'd have a garage FULL of elevens...at least 11 eleven's I would've easily paid $1500 for that Midnight....and I don't even like the black and gold motif.

Comment

Working...
                X