Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Bought My First XJ1100 HELP PLEASE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that i should just search the forums but where can i get that sea foam stuff again. also need some help on posting pics here

Comment

You can get it at any automotive supply (NAPA, O'Rielly's, Autozone).

You'll have to upload your pics to a server. Maybe your ISP provides you with space or you can go to a variety of places that host pics for free. Figure out the URL of the pic you've upload ...for instance http://www.bikepics.com/1354297.html/maxim.jpg.

Then come back here and put in the html code like so:

[image]http://www.bikepics.com/1354297.html/maxim.jpg.[/image]

your pic should appear upon submitting your post.

Comment

thanks my friend I appreciate it ill check into this and get some pics up soon

Comment

Took a ride to find seafoam no luck will try other auto parts tomorrow. Front brake well I actually tried taking her for a ride too anxious brake freed up a bit but was still biting no braking power from front brake rear little power. that front rotor took a little beating not to bad just rode her round the block. do they have rear master cyllinder kits? also where can i locate an air filter? the bike felt awesome even though i went slow and had choke partially on. IM HOOKED I LOVE THIS BIKE. will work on getting the brakes done and all other basic stuff plugs air filter oil fresh gas and then some seafoam and then try to see if that stuff will clean out the carbs hoping ill get lucky. cant wait to make this thing real roadworthy and start riding her. oh yeah i put a few tenth on her today so now its 1139 and 5 tenths lol

Comment

I get most of those parts from bikebandit.com. I know you can get the air filters there.

You might be able to find a K&L master cylinder kit on eBay for it. they are quite a bit cheaper than OEM parts. I bought one for Kong about 2 weeks ago...$25.

Comment

If you have to rebuild the carbs....come back and post. There are some tricks to it. Basically all you'll need to do is replace the float valves and seats and the bowl gaskets. Also clean out all the passages of each circuit with guitar or piano wire and carb cleaner. that usually does the trick.

However if ya get lucky with Seafoam...

Good luck.

Comment

well keep you posted and ill check in to getting some pics up soon thanks again

Comment

Working...
                X