Slotted rotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slotted rotors

I put a set of slotted rotors on the front of my 78' standard. Is there a way to also put one of these on the back. What years had slotted rotors and are the front the same as the back. If I can put a front rotor on the back would I want a left or right rotor is there a difference in witch direction the slots are traveling.
    Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

I believe the slotted rotors were on the '80 and '81 models. The rear slotted rotor is the same as the right front - you would not want a left side rotor back there. BTW - are you interested in parting with your solid rotors?
    Ken Talbot

Comment

solid rotors

When I bought my XS1100 someone had put an XS650 front wheel and brakes on it. So I only had one brake up front. I have the one rotor from the front but it is thin. I dont think it is any good Sorry!
      Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

Comment

Ken;
        I have an extra solid rotor. I bought two on a front wheel, and after drilling I've still got one servicable rotor left.
        Mike gave me a good deal on the rotors, so if you need it, ity's just shipping.
        Ray
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Slotted Rotors

Would front slotted rotors from a 80' XS850 special fit on the rear of a 78' standard. I found a used set. Can anyone let me know if this is compatable!!
          Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

Comment

I don't know what fits on the rear, but the XS850 has a smaller rotor on the front than the XS1100. The XS1100 shares front rotors with the XS650, but not the XS750/XS850.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

I have a slotted rotor on the back of my E. The direction of the slots is cosmetic.
              One downside I found to the slotted rotors (compared to the drilled front rotors on my E) is the rotor cracking at the end of the slot. I have one on another wheel that I didn't notice at first. Looks like a likely weak spot.
              Pat Kelly
              <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
              1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
              2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
              1999 Suburban (The Ship)
              1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
              1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

There is a set of slotted rotors on e bay right now...lclmn is selling them. I have seen the bike they came from...30k miles. Pretty good shape.

Comment

Working...
                X