'79 special: tachometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Do'Lee!

Great tips - I am hoping one day to have just that - a '79 special with an '81 standard tank (the 6.5 gallon model). I know, I'm a dreamer...

While I'm at it, here's where I want to do (it's early, no one else is at the office and the coffee is kicking in: Macho Maroon Front Pacifico w/a vetter CB/AM/FM?8-track (and some English speaking road warriors), toaster style paint job on the tank with yellow pin stripes on both, black chrome with yellow lettering on the engine covers, black valve cover and diamond cut fins on the chromalicious crankcase, matching hard side and rear trunks (locks matching glove compartments...), Black front and rear fenders and it's a toss up between black chrome or chrome pipes. I'll probably want 4-1's soon enough too.

Okay, got that out of my system, Thanks!!

Thanks,
    -p
    Your Mileage May Vary

Comment

did I mention gold chrome air boxes?

gold tank badges.

gold rims.

gold gold...
      Your Mileage May Vary

Comment

Thought that I would post a link to a picture of my fist XS1100F Touring bike. This bike was painted dark brown metalic. I had to repaint the saddlbag lids (amagin that), and I bought the paint from Yamaha parts to do it. Funny how our web site does not list dark brown as a factory color for 1979', but it was.

Unfortunatly, I no longer this bike any longer, but the gal is still with me!<g>

http://www.fototime.com/29CCF5978FAF99A/standard.jpg

Bubba
        Bubba1954
        (aka) Shannon Koehn
        Hutchinson, KS
        http://www.fototime.com/inv/0EE87CEC5C8C774

Comment

That's gorgeous! Exactly the look I want for my fairings.

Wish I could say te same for the gal who was with me when I bought my 1100. Oh well, I do have the bike after all.

Thanks for the post.

-pdk
          Your Mileage May Vary

Comment

Thanks!

hey Do Lee - great tips! Any idea if there are similar constraints or differences between the Winjammer V fairings for Specs and Stands?

You guys have all really made this a much less painful restoration process than it may otherwise have been! I was ready to cry when I finally got my bike back home
            Your Mileage May Vary

Comment

Originally posted by Do Lee
              You can put the original Standard's Pacifico on the Special but there are a couple things that need to be done.
              Thanks Again Do Lee - just wondering if there is a similar issue with mounting a Vetter between standards and specials? I've been looking all over the Craig Vetter site and at pics of them for sale and, well, to me it doesn't look like there is a difference in mounting Vetters between specs and stands, but that's just me! Really appreciate all the help and all the info!
              -Patrick
              Your Mileage May Vary

Comment

Working...
              X