Hand controlls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand controlls

Hello, i found some handcontrolls on ebay from a `85 maxim700, and i wonder if those controlls fits my xj11? I think they do, but are not sure. Anyone that knows this? Spesially the cabels and the contacts.

A link to the site: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...518082076&rd=1

Thanx for answers, i hope i didnt tip to many to bid for them
    But i guess you all search for good parts on ebay anyway

Hey there Lars,

A quick check of the Yamaha Online parts catalog revealed the following numbers:

82XJ 1100

10M-83963-00-00 SWITCH, HANDLE 3 right hand

10M-83973-00-00 SWITCH, HANDLE 3 left hand

85XJ700N

42X-83975-01-00 SWITCH, HANDLE 2 (1AA-83975-00) right hand

16 2UJ-83973-00-00 SWITCH, HANDLE 3 Left hand, with choke lever

Aside from the different 3 alphanumeric prefix, the left hand switch assembly is the same #. The right hand is definitely different.
    You should be able to take a wiring diagram for the XJ's handlebar switches and get the 700's switches to match!?

I wouldn't expect the plugs to be the same, you might have to cut and splice your old ones onto the replacement ones!?

Good Luck!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thank you, TopCat, for a good answer.

The controls i have on the bike works almost fine, but the starter-button is a little defect, så i guess i wait til i find some orginals, and will check if there is some rust in the switch. When i let go of the button the light dont always come on. There are two months left of the winther here , so i guess i have the time

Comment

Hey there again Lars,

Jerry is our local authority on the XJ1100. The starte buttons are known to develop corrosion. I'm not sure what you mean by a light NOT coming on?? Do you mean that the headlight doesn't always turn on after you start the engine??

You can take the switch apart and clean the contact surfaces which will make it ground to the handlebars, frame better!!

If you are talking about the headlight NOT coming on, then it could be several things. Check your charging system, check your headlight bulb, your connections, your fuses, and even the reserve lighting unit.

Write back with more info about what is wrong!
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Hi T.C, the problem was that the light didnt come on after the engine had started. I disabled the handcontrol, removed some corrosion, and put a little grease on the starter-button. Works like a new one after that.

Thanx for all help!

Comment

Hey lars,
            partsnmore.com has new starter/horn buttons.

go here

https://www.partsnmore.com/cat_index...ory=electrical

good luck
            Rick
            '80 SG
            '88 FXR
            '66 Spitfire MK II

Comment

Working...
            X