bike cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike cover

I keep my bike under a carport but wondered if covering it as well during rainy days would help deter rust & oxidation or not. A cover would initially keep moisture off but it may also tend to trap moisture inside. What's the thought out there?
    Robert
    79 SF

Hey Robert,
    Nice to see another Georgian on here. I keep my bike in the garage but I can comment on my boat. I have a restored 1972 Glastron ski boat that has spent the last 10 years always under cover (Canvas cover) with no problem. The seats look new and all the controls and gages are clean. Now on the off chance we get snow (or ice as you well know) I get out there and clean it off as soon as I can and several times during the off season I remove the cover for a day and let her air out a little. I also keep her well lubed and greased to prevent anything from getting too much moisture. I know a bike and boat are two totally different things but by using a little TLC it should be fine.
    "There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers, but there are no old bold bikers."

Comment

UV can do as much damage as moisture. The cover will protect from UV damage. A good cover (motorcycle cover) should be vented, which will help release trapped moisture.
      DZ
      Vyger, 'F'
      "The Special", 'SF'
      '08 FJR1300

Comment

Hi there i agree pay top dollar for a ventillated / breathable cover

i live in England the weather is crud and i keep mine under a car port with a cover on it

have a look on ebay and make sure you get the biggest one you can probably $60.00 for a goodun i would have thought

hoping to build a workshop later this year!!!!!
        Don't put all yer eggs into one basket ,,,case

Comment

I can vouch for the Nelson Rigg Deluxe product. Well vented, good fit and comes with a stuff bag. The XL fits mine, but I don't have luggage or fairing. I know they go up to XXL.

Check e-bay, that's where I found mine newfor $45, add shipping and $60 is about right.

HTH

Randy

Comment

Working...
          X