battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery

What type of battery should I get for my 1979 1100XS? Any websites out there that could get me a cheap one? Thanks.

I replaced my battery (2nd for me on this bike) with a sealed battery. I'm happy with it. No corrosion, no vent tube. I googled "sealed motorcycle batteries" and comparison shopped.
    Upside to paying a little more locally is service if there should be a problem.
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

I bought a battery for my XS11 at Wal-Mart. Forty some bucks I think. I also bought a maintenance free battery for my Sportster at Wal-Mart. Have had good luck with both of them. The maintenance free battery was a little smaller than the XS11 battery but cost almost twice as much. Went with the bigger and cheaper one in the XS11 but every time I pull the battery to check the water I wish I would have spent the extra money for the maintenance free. Would have had to put a spacer with it to keep it from moving around but it should have worked.

Let us know if you find a good battery at a better price. I think I am going to need batteries for both my Dyna and XS650 in the near future.
      #1 ’79 XS11 Special
      #2 ’79 XS11 Special
      '97 V-Max
      '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

I got a sealed unit from Westco (I believe that's the name) for about $80 (I think shipping was included). It arrived in a couple days. Being in the South, I didn't want to constantly check battery fluid levels anymore.

For "cheap" batteries, you can't beat Sam's Club, Meijer's, Wal-mart.
        1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
        1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
        http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

This Batteries thread is in the Tech Tips Forum. Deals mostly with sealed or maintenance-free batteries. Includes part numbers and prices. Check it out!
          http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8
          Jerry Fields
          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
          '06 Concours
          My Galleries Page.
          My Blog Page.
          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

battery

try e-bay. look for oddesy batteries. not sure of spelling.
            when you want something bad enough, don't let anything stand in your way, and don't take "no" for an answer. EVER

graybird78
            80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...517812416&rd=1

Is a link to one of the maintance free batteries on E-Bay. It's an Osyssey battery.
              Last edited by don07tncav; 01-07-2005, 05:02 AM.
              Don
              99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Comment

Working...
              X