Jets for a 81 XS1100H??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jets for a 81 XS1100H??

I'm looking on Bike Bandit but can't figure out which are correct. Which of these are the correct replacement jets for my 81?? Thanks for any help!

57: JET,MAIN #115
    (620-14231-23-00) (RIGHT) [JET,MAIN #115]

303272-001
    $11.37
    58: JET,MAIN #120
    (#120) (4) [JET,MAIN #120]

303274-001
    $9.82
    Don
    99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Yeah, they are correct for an 81. The larger ones go in # 2&3 cylinders to help with cooling those cylinders. My 80sg had the same jetting as that and that was stock.

Comment

Thanks John, my numba three is giving me problems again. I'm tearing them down and cleaning again but feel the jet may be the incorrect one. There were no holes in it when I cleaned the carbs a few weeks ago.
      Don

Comment

kinda expensive for jets, eh? I recall getting them for half that price from carbparts dot com or some such place.

Randy

Comment

Hey Don,

Instead of trying to order the Actual OEM jets, go to Aftermarket parts, Carbs-jets, then select Mikuni mains, and then select the sizes you want. They sell in sets of 4.

Item: Genuine Mikuni Large Round-Type Main Jets (KN100-604)
          Our Price! $8.99
          MSRP: $9.99
          Description:
          Fits RS and HS. Sold as pack of 4.
          Manufacturer: Mikuni
          Mike's XS also sells them, I think individually, so if you really want to get staggered set, it would be cheaper from him, they are the same for the 650 as the XS1100.

As for the staggered sizes, my 81 SH came stock with 110's straight across, and after my big bore and 4-1's and Indys, I went to 117.5's straight across, runs great. Many others have also posted that theirs were the same sizes STOCK. Not sure if it would really make that big a difference, as long as you're synched !

T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

According to my manual,

"G" - 115,120
            "SG,LG" - 110,120
            "H" - 115,120
            "SH,LH" - 110,120

However, my "SH" has 115 all the way across. I picked it up used, so how knows?
            DZ
            Vyger, 'F'
            "The Special", 'SF'
            '08 FJR1300

Comment

Called Mikes and made the mistake of telling them it was for a xs11 instead of xs 650. The guy was very nice but didn't seem keen on selling me a jet. He refered me to Partsnmore.
              Don

Comment

Mikes XS

Suggest that you simply order on line and use your credit card. I have purchased parts three different times in the last year and a half from Mikes XS this way without any problems. You can get the part numbers from their on line site and order. All orders that I made were filled and delivered without any problems. I'm on the opposite corner of the continent and over a boarder from Mikes.
                Ken/Sooke

Comment

Thanks Ken. I called him back and ordered the jets with no problems. Shipping is quite reasonable.

We live in one of those yo can't get here from there places so USPS is the way I like to get items I've ordered. They are sending them USPS.
                  Don

Comment

Earlier today I purchased some jets and some other small parts from him. I should have them before the end of the week which works out.

I believe he does not want people to buy from him if you have 1100 because he does not want to deal with people buying parts that don't fit and complain about it. If i was him, I would feel the same way. However he sells parts that partsandmore don't like jets. As long as you know what you are buying, he doesn't seem to mind the business.
                    Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

I hear you thumper. He said he was shipping yesterday, checked to be sure the items were in stock before commiting to sell, and answered my questions. He seems like a great vendor who I'll buy from again.
                      Don

Comment

FYI-

I got new brake caliper pistons from Mike's. The 650's pistons fit all three of the calipers on my '79 F. Can't vouch for other models, but I discovered this by doing a search here and a cross-reference on Yamaha.com to verify the caliper part #'s.

BTW - I also did not reveal the application, just ordered.

They were pricey - $24 each, but how can you put a price on safety?

Randy

Comment

Mike's is a great vendor. The caliper pistons will only fit a standard, or maybe the rear on a special.

Don, I have an '81 and it has 110 jets in all four. If you're looking for a set of 115s, I have a almost new set that only went about five miles. They were too rich for my bike.
                          Bill Murrin
                          Nashville, TN
                          1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
                          1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
                          2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
                          2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
                          1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
                          2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

Thanks Mike but I ordered some from Mikes. I appreciate the offer!! I may need to pester you again when I tear the carbs down to figure why Numba three won't keep firing.
                            Don

Comment

Hey Don,

I couldn't find the thread about your #3 problem, can't remember what troubleshooting you've already tried, like switching the plug wires from #2 and #3. Good luck and let us know what you find!
                              T.C.
                              T. C. Gresham
                              81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                              79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                              History shows again and again,
                              How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
                              X