Source for fuel line clips??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for fuel line clips??

None of my fuel or vacume lines have clips on them ansd I like the butterfly style instead of the kind sold at parts shops. Any sources for these things? The guys behind the counters at parts stores look at me kinda strange when I ask for them....

They are called clips on the Yama parts list and I can't find the things on e-bay. Perhaps I'm calling them the wrong thing???
    Don
    99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

go to your local hardware store
    and browse around the fittings for rubber hose
    you should find them there
    if not try the nut and bolt section
    good luck
    http://home.securespeed.us/~xswilly/
    78E main ride, since birth the "good"
    78E Parts, the "bad" fixing up now
    78E Parts the "ugly" maybe next year
    79F Parts
    80G Parts
    75 DT 400B enduro

Comment

You could also try McMaster Carr Supply . Go to their website and search for spring hose clamp.
      Ken Talbot

Comment

Thanks guys! As always you pros have come through! Now I just need to figure out sizes!
        Don

Comment

bring a piece of hose with you
          usually they are eager to help
          http://home.securespeed.us/~xswilly/
          78E main ride, since birth the "good"
          78E Parts, the "bad" fixing up now
          78E Parts the "ugly" maybe next year
          79F Parts
          80G Parts
          75 DT 400B enduro

Comment

DK has a set of 15 Moose wire clamps for $3.95, it has 5 of sizes 1/4", 5/16", and 7/16" ID hoses. It's part # 27-833 at this link:
            Wire Clamps 15 pak

Their 150 pak of 50 ea of the above sizes is $19.95 DK#27-0178 at:
            Wire clamps 150 pk

Bike Bandit shows several OEM clamps for the hoses, a surprising 3 different clamps for the Specials, for petcocks, for Octopus, and for vacuum line!? From $0.80 to $1.70 or so EACH!!
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I bought mine at Pep-Boys and they were called 1/4" fuel injection hose clamps.
              Bill Murrin
              Nashville, TN
              1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
              1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
              2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
              2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
              1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
              2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

I ordered some from DK's last night. Bill, we ain't got no PEP Boys around these parts!!

Still waiting on the Carb Sync tool that I ordered last week from another vendor then I'll have a new adventure of tuning the carbs. Once again, thanks for the advice and answers guys!

Bill, looking forward to riding with you guys one day. It was 27 degrees here this morning and the only things cold riding to Alamo was my knees!
                Don

Comment

I have not seen asphalt on my street in over a week! It looks and feels like the north pole. Very depressing.

About the clips, I do not use them at the petcocks because the hoses become too difficult to remove. As it is without the clips, I still have to push the hoses off with a flat screwdriver. They never leak.

Originally posted by don07tncav

Bill, looking forward to riding with you guys one day. It was 27 degrees here this morning and the only things cold riding to Alamo was my knees!
                  Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

I don't use those clips either. my lines are hard enough to remove as it is.

i just changed (today) from using a clear line that was on it before to a black rubber one. the clear ones were getting hard and cracking I think. I'm thinking of putting some inline fuel filters in there 1. so i have a fuel filter, and 2. so i can see the fuel running.

I think what i'm using now is actually vacuum hose, but it bends better and doesn't crimp under there like the other ones did.
                    1979 XS1100 Special

Comment

hose

Brock,

Depending on what material your vacuum lines are made of, you may have a problem. Gasoline can make the rubber swell and get soft, causing leaks. Make sure that the hose is fuel resistant. If your not sure, check with your parts store for fuel line or neoprene hoses.
                      Walt
                      80 XS11s - "Landshark"
                      79 XS11s
                      03 Valkyrie
                      80 XS Midnight Special - Freebee 1
                      78 Honda CB125C - Freebee 2
                      81 Suzuki 850L - Freebee 3

Comment

Working...
                      X