headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight

I have a 1979xs1100f that im still putting back together, got all the lights working but headlight and gauge lights. Does the bike have to be running before they work? Im thinking maybe the headlight circut gets its power from the altenator. can someone set me straight.
    thanks Randy

Yes, the headlight and gauge lights come on when the motor starts. There is a relay under the tank, right over the coils that is switched on by AC voltage from the alternator.
    DZ
    Vyger, 'F'
    "The Special", 'SF'
    '08 FJR1300

Comment

headlight

Thanks for the help I started chasing a problem that wasen't a problem.
      Randy

Comment

Re: headlight

I think the 79 also has a switch on the handlebar, but once the bike starts, it stays on. If the tachometer also is fubar, it is a sign that the charging system is not working the tach and the rlatching relay for the lights.

Originally posted by RANCYN
        Thanks for the help I started chasing a problem that wasen't a problem.
        Randy
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Re: Re: headlight

Damn! I am all thumbs! That "rlatching relay" should read "latching relay."

Originally posted by skids
          I think the 79 also has a switch on the handlebar, but once the bike starts, it stays on. If the tachometer also is fubar, it is a sign that the charging system is not working the tach and the rlatching relay for the lights.

Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Actually '78s have the switch. '79 are automatic
            DZ
            Vyger, 'F'
            "The Special", 'SF'
            '08 FJR1300

Comment

headlight

Thanks for input!
              Randy

Comment

Working...