Choke Lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choke Lever

My choke lever has broke, looks like it`s been that way for ages!
    1980 XS1100 LH, imported to England in 1997, Only owned the bike a month getting it ready for next summer, Guess I will have to make a repair/mod if I can`t get one at a sensable price!
    My first thread to you guys I hope you can give some advise on the Bike.

Thanks SJW
    SJW

hi kellymont,i might have a choke lever some were i will check over the next couple of days and get back to you,anyway welcome to the fold,you cannot find a better bunch of guys on here to help you and have a chat about the xs1100.were about are you in the uk,iam in southport.you can join the uk xs1100 club as well the web address is www.xs1100.co.uk.if you need any other help just ask.robbie.

Comment

My choke lever broke off too! I'm here in the US... NY to be exact.

Does anyone have one to spare?

Is there an alternative way to fix this?

Comment

You can buy a nob from the hardware store and drill a hole in what remains of the bracket. It's crude, but better than nothing. It may be hard to find one thats not broken and, if you do, that one can break too if your choke linkage is a little sticky. A nob was placed on mine by the P.O.. I've found it easier to just stick my thumb behind the bracket and pull. If I ever got around to putting a bigger nob on there, it would be more useful, but I guess I just don't think much about it anymore.
        1980sg-Stocker-- Sold
        1980sg- Cruise Missile- Sold to RODS454
        1990 ATK 604- Ditch Digger
        2005 BMW K1200S- Killer Bee
        2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000- trackbike

Comment

yo scoobes sent you an email (you blanking me ???) i missed you at the warwick meet (got there at 3pm) and missed you at stafford then i went there on the saturday,did you go?? did you find anything xs??? all i found was a heat shield thing for an exhaust!!!!!!!! oh and a parts book !!!! just wondered if i missed any goodies and when theres a meet,also scoobes what model is your xs ill go and check your profile see if its there see you gareth (see you one day hopefully that is!!!!)
          Don't put all yer eggs into one basket ,,,case

Comment

Working...
          X