Anyone Buying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Buying?

Alas, the decision had to be made...pay the rent or keep the baby.

Having only been an owner for one year, I am not sure what the market value of my 1979 XS1100F is. I'll have to check the actual mileage, but it's not much more than 45k. This old girl still runs with the Wings and big Harley's in the club. I put it on E-Bay, which is where I got it, and didn't even get a bite at $1000.00. Anybody have a good idea of where to sell it and how much to expect? I can't just give it away.
    If it won't go, force it. If it breaks, it needed fixing anyway.

Hey, I'll give you $500 for it sight unseen if you'll bring it out here to western Canada.. On a more serious note, this is probably not a good time of year to be trying to get a reasonable price for a motorcycle. If you can't ride it, most people won't want to buy it unless they get it for real cheap - see above. $1000 should be pretty easy to get for these machines in spring or summer. Good luck.
    Ken Talbot

Comment

I bought my 1979' Factory Touring model in April on an ebay auction from it's original owner. The auction started out at $200 with no reserve and ran for 10 days finally closing at $1,501.

It was in fairly nice shape for a 25 year old bike with only 38,000 miles on it. The owner had recently installed new tires and battery.

You would be wise to take Ken's advice and keep it until spring. The demand for bikes skyrockets in early spring, so do the bids.

Bubba
      Bubba1954
      (aka) Shannon Koehn
      Hutchinson, KS
      http://www.fototime.com/inv/0EE87CEC5C8C774

Comment

It's too bad your in PA. or I might be interested. I'm casually looking for a touring xs for the longer runs. But I agree with the other guys.... especially being up there. Not too many people want to buy a bike and stare at it all winter
        1980sg-Stocker-- Sold
        1980sg- Cruise Missile- Sold to RODS454
        1990 ATK 604- Ditch Digger
        2005 BMW K1200S- Killer Bee
        2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000- trackbike

Comment

Deano,

Too bad we never did hook up for a run this season. You weren't too specific about your circumstances, but if your problem is storage, you're welcome to over-winter it in my garage. I'm in Stroudsburg, PA 18360.

Then in the spring you'll get a good price.

PM me if you're interested.

Randy

Comment

I'm looking for one !! I do live in California, but may be able to put together a trip out to get your bike if I cannot find a closer one. I'll keep in touch and see how my money and time from work adds up.
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG
            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
            X