Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venturer 1981 Windsheild

Good Evening,

It has been awhile since I have been on this site. The site has really helped me in the past. I now have a new problem. I need a windsheild for my 1981 XS1100H Venturer. I suppose I can make one but I would rather buy one if I knew exactly what to order. I am not sure if the fairing is a Vetter or Pacifico. Maybe someone knows were I can get one.
    I was going to post a couple photos of my bike but copy and paste does not seem to work?

amatco (Allen)
    Last edited by amatco; 11-02-2004, 06:59 PM.
    Allen

Hi Allen!

The Venturer photo in the Photo section looks like it has a Vetter type fairing. If so, then JC Whitney sells replacements. I think they sell 22" and taller 24". Check the Craig Vetter website. Might give you more information.

If your windshield is just hazy or lightly scratched, you can polish it.
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

Re: Venturer 1981 Windsheild

I have a Venturer 81H and the "Windjammer faring" winscreens from JC Whipme do work well. They hump up in the center of the dash as opposed to others.

Originally posted by amatco
      It has been awhile since I have been on this site. The site has really helped me in the past. I now have a new problem. I need a windsheild for my 1981 XS1100H Venturer. (Allen)
      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Windshield Replacement

Check out www.slipstreamer.com for replacement factory and aftermarket windshields. They have a section for Vetter and Pacifico. Just put one on a 78'E with a Vetter SS fairing. The quality of workmanship and fit are very good. An added tip is to carry a can of Lemon Pledge wrapped in a diaper. I have used this on all my bikes since 1973. It will keep your windshield like new and works well for a quick clean up on plastic and painted parts.

Comment

Working...
        X