How do I know??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I know??

I love the XS11 but how do I know that it's running properly?? Every once in a while it really winds out when starting in first but usually it has a smooth starting run to me. I think what if it does the winding up every time!!

The idle is at 2200 after I run it for a while and I'm waiting on the chalmers guide to properly back off the idle. At startup the idle is around 1800 then it speeds up when warmed up.

I'm getting 33 MPG with a fairing very consistantly, is this normal or should I be in the 40's and how do I get there??

Thanks again for the help!
    Don
    99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Don, that idle is a bit high, should be around 1000 - 1100 RPM's.
    Between carbs #2 & #3 there is a thumbscrew, warm her up and back off the screw while it's running to set the idle.

That may be why you're only getting 33 MPG. My 79 1100F gets 45MPG, no fairing

Then again, 33MPG with a fairing is what I got consistently with my '81 Special.

MPG figures have a lot to do with riding style, too. Red light racing will kill your MPG, 55 MPH touring will make it soar.

HTH

Randy

Comment

Thanks for the advice Randy, I average 60 to and from work with very few stop signs between here and there.
      Don
      99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Comment

Working...
      X