Special tank and seat on '78 E model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special tank and seat on '78 E model?

Hey everyone! Newbie here hoping for some experienced souls to guide me. I would like to use a Special models tank and seat on my '78 standard......is it possible? I really like the '79 Special tank shape but I am unsure if it will fit a std model frame.

Thanks for any help, Ray
    '78 XS11 E (jeez these things are TORQUEY!)

Tank Sizes

Ray, if you want to stop for fuel every 60 to 100 miles go for the small tank. If you would rather go 120 to 200 miles on a tank full stay with your full size std. tank.
    If you check back on the many many prior posts you will find your answers. Just use the search engine in the left hand column. You will find most XS owners are trying to find larger not smaller tanks.
    You may think the small special tank looks "cool" but soon turns into a major aggravation. Particularly if you travel and may want to check out roads in the National Forests. There are no stations inside and you have to pack extra fuel or worry a lot.
    Ken/Sooke
    78E Ratbyk
    82 FT500 "lilRat"
    92ZX11 Temptress

Comment

Thanks, I did the search before I posted my thread but was greeted with mostly others wanting the bigger tank (as you pointed out . Good point regarding mileage, thanks.

I could use a decent standard '78 - '79 model seat (the one with the plastic cowl behind it) if anyone has a spare they would part with?

Thanks! Ray
      '78 XS11 E (jeez these things are TORQUEY!)

Comment

Working...
      X