grips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grips

Does anyone have 6" grips, or 150mm length. How do ya like emm, and do they fit right with your OEM contols?

Hey there Griff,

The problem you may encounter with using 6" grips is with the throttle. The inner plastic sleeve that slides over the handlebar is for the shorter grips. Depending on the style, you could have too much hanging off the end that could bend or whatever if you grabbed it wrong.

I have the 5 1/2" ~ 140mm length, and they fit quite well and are plenty big/wide enough!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

TC, thats what i was worried about. Little to much air between the throttle plastic and grips

Comment

I have a set of 6" grips on the Mongrel but they're the extra thick Harley style ones and they don't bend at all. I just had to slide the controls in a little to get them to work.

Geezer
        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

me too geezer, I use them because they give me extra leverage and save my big paws from cramping when squeezing those little grips for hours on end!

Comment

Originally posted by justyn.smith
            me too geezer, I use them because they give me extra leverage and save my big paws from cramping when squeezing those little grips for hours on end!
            That's why I went to this style grips too. After I got home from a round trip to Yreka, CA over the 4 of July weekend I felt severely hammered. I knew that 4 things would have to be done to the Mongrel for long range comfort. The first to go was the narrow low rise sport bars and the grips. I’m hoping to have a custom seat built by next spring and to have the floor boards and forward controls on.

My other XS11 will be set up somewhat sport bike style but the Mongrel is going to be a long range touring mahine.

Geezer
            Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

I tried several different grips and did not like them because my hands are big. Then I came upon these 6" crome grips and I love them. Solid feel with rubber inserts for comfort. Priced right too!

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...p-2899/c-10111

Bubba
              Bubba1954
              (aka) Shannon Koehn
              Hutchinson, KS
              http://www.fototime.com/inv/0EE87CEC5C8C774

Comment

Working...
              X