Stock Jetting on 82 XJ1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Jetting on 82 XJ1100

does this sound right, i pulled the bowls off the carbs a while ago and notice the main jets (i think thats what they were, the ones under the needles) they were 112.5 is that stock... i got the motor from a relative and he said that he thought everything was stock but the header bolts are aftermarket for most likely aftermarket headers, they are studs that you have to put the nut on, pretty rusty, not bad but should i keep them on, dont want them to break off. Thanks

I love xs11.com
    ------------------------------------
    Current Projects:
    -1982-1992 Yamaha Ezgo XJ1100 Maxim Project

112.5 mains

yes i believe those are stock jetts. Mine is curently running 137.5. That is with four pod filters and a 4-1 kerker no baffle exhaust.I'm not sure what exactly you are looking for on the exhaust nuts? Mine has allen headed nuts that go on studs in the head,i think that is a stock setup also.
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Studs for the exhaust flanges is standard equipment. Some aftermarket headers have a thicker than stock collar, so they need longer stude. I had to change mine when I installed the Jardines.

Comment

thanks for the info, we're actually getting stuf done onthe project now, got the lutch pack installed, going to get some gasket maker, seal up the engine here soon, found a differential, it's off of a yamaha 225 three wheeler, hopefully it will hold up, the integrity seems to be up to par with the xs/xj's differential, so... I'll keep everyone updated as soon as i get that motor installed, one more quick question... well two actually When the bike is setting on its center stand is the bottom of the oil pan level, not tilted forwards or back... i need to place the engine in the golf cart so it would sit like it was in the bike.. and one more question... what type or size bolts does the header flange take? the engine came with the headers off and with a big box of parts, bolts etc. The bolts fit but once they start getting the header fastned they dissapear into the flange if you know what i mean... Thanks for the help all of you!

by the way... the bolts fit on the nuts but i dont know if there the right ones also..
        Last edited by xj11yamaha; 10-24-2004, 09:50 PM.
        ------------------------------------
        Current Projects:
        -1982-1992 Yamaha Ezgo XJ1100 Maxim Project

Comment

Working...
        X