Dyno Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno Test

Has anyone had their eleven on a dyno? I have several old magazine test showing the 78-79 making any where from 73 to 83 H.P. at the rear wheel (stock).They have a facility to do such test here in St. Louis, but it's a Harley dealership and I doubt that they would be very objective with my old Yamaha.
    81 Black "1179" Xcessively trick Super Special. One owner (me).

Dyno Test

Dan, go to the column on the left. Click on Search. Type in dyno test. Scroll down to Jeremy Sells. You will find what you are looking for there.
    Ken/Sooke

Comment

The dyno that I used was at a Harley dealership that my brother is a tech at. They actually got a kick out of seeing my old Yamaha put down better numbers than most stock Harley's!! Just let them know you would like a baseline test and they should give you a few pulls and print you out the results. You can then go home a tune away!! Let us know what happens.

Good luck,
      Jeremy

1979 XS11 Special
      2002 Ducati ST4S
      2012 BMW F800R
      1981 Suzuki GS450E
      1982 Honda XL500R

Comment

Thanks for the dyno posts, they are very interesting and informative. What about rear tire wear? The Dunlop website says you shouldn't use a tire that's been subjected to dyno testing. Is that just liability concern overkill on their part?
        Robert
        79 SF

Comment

Working...
        X