fairing lowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fairing lowers

i just read the post on fairing lowers and would like tofind some for my 1980xs-g. i don't know whether the fairing is ll or lll. how do i find out which model i have and does any one have any idea where i could get some. tia sundowner aka luther herald

www.craigvetter.com
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

vetter fairings

i have beenthere but either they do not have what i need or i don't know how to find it. i appreciate the info thank you sundowner aka luther herald

Comment

For lowers the differences between the II/III don't matter; all the lowers for the II fit the III. In fact, the Type 1 through Type 10 lowers fit all Windjammers I through IV. V series 'jammers had different lowers, and so did some of the 'special' Windjammers made for Kawasaki and others. These typically have a type number in the 50s. Just look for lowers with a type number of 10 or less and you will be OK.

For the record, only difference I can find on the II/III is the color of the serial number plates. The II has silver and black plates, the III has blue and black plates. There may be some difference in the graphics; the III has a decal that goes up on both sides of the headlight, the II did not (at least the ones I can recall.) Both models used external turn signals, the IV (same as the SS) and later models have the turn signals integrated into the fairing.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Yes, Jerry, those lowers and fairings with series 10 or less will interchange, but most of them were made to fit around the engines and other projections on the various bikes. The ones for the early gold wings will hit parts of the XS engines. If you want lowers for the XS, most of the ones that were shaped for transverse fours will work on the XS, but some may need trimming, and usually the trimming will be in areas that won't be very noticeable, but other lowers will have to be trimmid where there are heavy reinforcements on the edges. So, to make it simple, all series 1 thru 10 will fit the fairing, but not all motorcycles.
          put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
          79 F (Blueballs)
          79 SF (Redbutt)
          81 LH (organ donor)
          79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
          76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
          rover has spoken

Comment

there's some lowers on ebay right now, that dont end until the weekend i think. i didnt look at the pic, but it sounded like they needed a little work (some sanding, painting, etc)
            1979 XS1100 Special

Comment

fairing lowers

thanks toall that responded. Brock, i found those on ebay and put a bid in already. Rover thank you for clearing that up and Jerry (last but not least) thank you for the info about the windjammers. now if i win the bid on ebay i can finallly get some lowers on my bike and when i headout to buffalo in the spring at least i will have some protection i didn't have. thanks again guys. sundowner aka luther herald

Comment

Working...
              X