Rear turn signal mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear turn signal mounts?

So I'm installing a set of recently acquired factory hardbags when I realize that the bracket must bolt to the original turn signal position. Unfortunately, the bike already had the rear signals moved to the license plate and the original mounting position no longer has anything in it. It's completely empty. Is there supposed to be a rubber mount in there and if so, anybody got a source?

Thanks,
    Craig
    '79 XS11F Standard

Ther should be so kinda rubber mount. Go to the Yamaha Web Sight click parts and service then go to the parts catalog look at the pictures figure out what yo need get the part #'s then you could try the Yamaha Robber if it's no longer available ask here or try http://speedandsportinc.com. My 80G has bags I could look at if you can't figure it out from the parts catalog.
    Russ Neal
    Milton, NH
    04 GL1800 ABS
    04 Kawasaki Concours(Sold)
    99 Royal Star Venture(Sold)
    80 XS1000 Special(Sold)
    83 XJ750 Midnight Maxim(Sold)
    80 XS1100G(Sold)
    81 XS 650 Special(Sold)

Comment

Re: Rear turn signal mounts?

There should be a large washer with cut sides so that it can just barely slide by the two metal prongs on the inside of the mounting hole. There is no rubber cushion.

Originally posted by Upright
      It's completely empty. Is there supposed to be a rubber mount in there and if so, anybody got a source?

Thanks,
      Craig
      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Working...
      X