what carbs will fit my bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what carbs will fit my bike?

can anyone tell me what carbs i can put on my bike , im looking for a set of carbs and wonder if carbs from other models will work on my bike , i know there are some differences in the years , mine is a 1978 and i have been looking at carbs from 79s and also wondered if there is much of a difference between the standard carbs and those on the speciels

Any carbs from the XS11/XJ11 will work, but there are some internal differences. The 78-79 have adjustable pilot screws, and main needles, and vent hose for the float bowls. The 80-81/XJ carbs have the pilots sealed off, and the needles are non adjustable, and do not have the vent hoses. The pilot system fuel supply are intergrated with the main jet system in the older carbs (larger main jets) and newer ones get the fuel supplied by a dedicated pilot jet, and are independent of the main jet system. The mains in the older carbs are 137.5, vs 115-120 in the 80's and 112's in the XJ's. Right now I have a set of carbs from a 78 Standard on my 80 Special, and the have been re-jetted to 140's for the 1179cc big bore.

Comment

any?
      whats with yics?

LP
      If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
      (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

All YICS is basically a small passageway that is cast into the outside of the cylinders, and the passages connect all intakes together, to allow for more balanced vacuum in all intakes. Kinda like an intake manifold. I was running an 82 XJ engine in my bike for years, and I had the 80 carbs on it. I then put the 78 carbs on the XJ engine for a few months, then I did the big bore on the original 80 engine, but I kept the 78 carbs, but just re-jetted up one size. I think the compression on the XJ engine is lower for EPA reasons. No reason why the XJ carbs couldn't be jetted up a size or two, at least the size of the 80's mains. There is a cylinder, and head from an XJ on ebay right now, and you can see the YICS ports in the pictures.

Comment

you can take the carbs from the yamaha xjr1200/1300 it boost your power to 108 horsepowers with a bit lower fuel consumption too

Tipps und TrickXS

1.0) zur Verbrauchsreduzierung rate ich zum Einbau des Vergasers der XJR1200/1300.

2.0) Der Einbau des XJR Vergasers ist recht einfach (?). Der am "XJR Vergaser" befindliche "Drosselklappensensor" wird einfach nicht angeschlossen.

3.0) Die Chokemechanik wird vom XS auf den XJR Vergaser umgeschraubt, passt 100%, da beide von Mikuni sind.

An einem der "4 XJR Vergaser" muß ein Röhrchen, so wie beim orig. XS Vergaser eingesetzt werden. Eine 6mm Schraube nehmen und ein 1mm Loch reinbohren.

Der orig. XS Gaszug muß durch einen Schraubnippel angepasst werden.

Orig. XS Ansaugstutzen und die Öffnungen des Luftfilterkastens passen zu 100%.

Die Hauptdüsen werden vom original Vergaser übernommen. Nach diesem Umbau ist die Leistungsentfaltung über das gesamte Drehzahlband einfach nur beeindruckend,der Drehmoment gewaltig.

Die Motorleistung beträgt dann 108 PS auf dem Prüfstand. Der Benzinverbrauch liegt nun bei 5,5 - max 7,5 Liter !!!

Einmal im Jahr Inspektion (Öl/-u. Filterwechsel, Kardan abschmieren, Reifenwechsel, Bremsflüssigkeit wechseln)

i found that information on a german site ,i'll be back here with the direct link to it,wait and see for yourself.
          Last edited by piet; 09-27-2004, 02:27 AM.
          xs1100 black 78 2h9 on the road
          xs1100 red 79 special with sidecar running on LPG and gas!
          xs1100 silber 79 2h9 o t r
          xs1100 white 80 2h9 Martini o t r
          xs1100 red 78 2h9 Martini o t r
          xs1100 black 80 special o t r
          xs1100 black 80 2h9 in parts sleeping
          xs1100 black 81sport for sale!sleeping
          xs1100 silber 81 2h9 i.p. sleeping
          xs1100black81midnspeciali.p.sleeping
          cbx1000 grey prolink 81 sleeping
          cbx1000prolink 83 in parts sleeping
          gsx750ex red 81 in parts sleeping

Comment

Piet

I'm just a Texas boy but what did you say in the previous post. We don't speak that language here. Do you have this interpreted into English?
            There's always a way, figure it out.
            78XS11E

Comment

in short,you'll have to put some parts from your xs1100 carbs on the xjr carbs with a little work they fit allright,the rubbers can stay the same the fit on the xjr carbs perfect

at the moment i am to lazy to translate the german tekst not to mention that i'm afraid to make a mess of it

Comment

here is a somewhat translation I did of the text from freetranslation.com

Type and TrickXS

1.0) to the consumption reduction I advise to the installation of the carburetor of the XJR1200/1300.

Is 2.0) the installation of the XJR carburetor quite simple (?). The "throttle flaps sensor" present at the "XJR carburetor" not simply is connected.

3.0) the Chokemechanik becomes of the X on the XJR carburetor umgeschraubt, fits 100% because both are of Mikuni.

At one of the "4 XJR carburetor", a small tube must, so like in the orig. X carburetors used become. Take a 6mm screw and a 1mm hole reinbohren.

The orig. X gas train must be adapted by a Schraubnippel.

Orig. X Ansaugstutzen and the openings of the air filter box fit to 100%.

The head nozzles are received of the original carburetor. After this reconstruction, the achievement development is over the total number of revolutions volume simply only impressing the torques powerful.

The motor achievement amounts to then 108 HP on the test bed. The gasoline consumption lies mixed now in 5.5 - 7.5 liters!!

Once in the year inspection (Öl/-u. filter change, Kardan abschmieren, tire change, brake fluid change)
                Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

If the carbs are too big, you'll mostly lose bottom end torque.

Comment

Ya gotta love those translations! Oddly enough, you can still get most of the gist of the note, even with the odd structure and occasional strange word. Now, I'm really interested in seeing what a Schraubnippel looks like.
                    Ken Talbot

Comment

Your question about which carburetor will fit which model X.S. 1100 can easily be found in the trusty old Yamaha shop manual. After reading all the answers that people give, I'm almost confused myself. Don't you be confused, get yourself a shop manual and go from there.
                      81 Black "1179" Xcessively trick Super Special. One owner (me).

Comment

fit

the question was which will fit. the anwser is any carbs from any year WILL FIT. The spacing on all the years and all the models is the same.Which ones will WORK is another question. And you know the anwser to that,how much time and money do you have?Are you running stock air box? Jetting may have to be changed on some models from different years to your bike etc. Some carbs have vent hoses others do not. So its really up to you,do you feel comfortable changing jets,and possibly fabricating a few small odds and ends? Then I say go for it.Does anyone remember the 6,000,000 man? well how about we can rebuild it,we can make it faster,stronger,better ddd.dd...dd.dd.d.dd...dd.dd.dd.d
                        1982 XJ 1100
                        going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
                        now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

the best you can have for your xs1100 are the carbs from the sport type,they give the engine the max. tork at 4000rpm all other types have the max tork at 6000rpm.
                          but probebly these sport type carbs are only to find in europe
                          you recognise them immideatly when you see the black surface on top

Comment

thanks

thanks to all those who have replied i kinda got the answer i needed , the reason i ask is the only carbs i seem to be able to find are from 79 and newer but i think i can figure it out noe and hopefully it will fix my problem

Comment

Working...
                            X