Oil Service Advise Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Service Advise Please?

WHERE CAN I GET ADVISE ON CHANGING ALL MY OILS ON MY XS-11 SPECIAL. I AM NOT A MONKEY WITH A WRENCH AND KNOW MY WAY AROUND A WORKSHOP, BUT AS I HEARD SOMEONE SAY, MEASURE TWICE, CUT ONCE. I HABITUALLY CHECK EVERTHING TWICE AND DON'T WANT TO MESS IT UP. IT'S GREAT TO BE IN SOUTH AFRICA AS WE DON'T HAVE THE SPEED TRAPS THAT CAN NAIL M/C YET. HELP APPRECIATED PAUL

Change engine oil; every 3000 miles, or three months. Fork oil once a year. Middle and final drives, once a year with 10 US ounces of gear oil. I use a synthetic gear oil, but conventional 20w50 motor oil in the engine. It will use 4 US quarts of oil with a filter change. Three qts without a filter change. Fork oil will be 10 weight. 212cc for a Standard and 225cc for a Special. Seeing that you are in S. Africa, then you should change the engine oil when you put the bike up for the winter, and when you break it out in the spring. Also use a fuel stabilizer when storing it for the winter. It may be better to remove the fuel tank to prevent fuel from leaking past the floats and contaminating the oil.
    Hope that helped.

Comment

Working...
    X