Fuel Tank Sender Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Tank Sender Unit

Just wondering if anyone would have a fuel tank sender unit for a Standard 24 litre tank. I fitted my Special with a standards' tank after putting up with very limited range from the original 15 litre tank. It didn't come with a guage sender unit so for the time being, I stuck the low fuel warning light sender out of the little tank in the biggie to fill the large hole under there. Now, I've got the rest of the bike finished- fairing, panniers, and topbox which now leaves me with the detail thingies to tidy up. Like putting a proper fuel guage on it would be a great start. If anyone's got a sender unit out of a smashed or rusted out tank that they don't need, put a price on it and let me know.
    Thanks,
    Eveready
    79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
    Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
    *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
    *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Hey Eveready,

There is one, maybe two of them on E-bay right now. Will the standard sending unit work with the Special's light only fuel indicator.
    Are you going to replace your instrument cluster with a standard instrument cluster to utlize the float level sending unit.
    I thought about that myself after I replaced my smaller Special tank with the larger Standard tank. I spliced the wires on my Special's sending unit to reach the plug in the wiring harness.

Do'Lee
    Do'Lee
    XS1100SF "Green Hornet"
    (1) XS1100LG "Midnight Dream" Restoration has begun.
    (2) XS1100LG "Midnight Madness" Waiting to be next
    (5) multi partsters for bobber "Ruby Red II" On the list.
    SR500H "Silver Streak"

Comment

I was going to fit an aftermarket guage in the sidepanel of the (Ahem!) BMW fairing I fitted. I would rather stick with the original instrument cluster as I think the individual dials look better than the single rectangular pod. Besides, they are smaller and will allow the remote head unit of the UHF radio to sit up in the dash of the fairing without fouling on the instruments. As for the ones on Ebay, a lot of them only deal in the continental US and the ones that have been available to Australia, I've missed out on as the majority finish in the wee hours of the morning over here.
      Any other suggestions would be most welcome.
      Regards,
      Eveready
      79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
      Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
      *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
      *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Comment

If you want I can bid on one for you and then send it over to you with cost to you of the auction and shipping charges to you.
        Do'Lee
        XS1100SF "Green Hornet"
        (1) XS1100LG "Midnight Dream" Restoration has begun.
        (2) XS1100LG "Midnight Madness" Waiting to be next
        (5) multi partsters for bobber "Ruby Red II" On the list.
        SR500H "Silver Streak"

Comment

fuel tank sender unit

I have one that worked before I changed tanks.I removed it from the old standard tank{off of a 78E} and I have no use for it.Worked before I took it out,if interested PM me and I will make you a deal.
          Bill Harvell

Comment

In a related topic, does the little knobby end point down and wire end go up, or vice versa for the light only sender on the specials.
            Thanks
            I have a bike and I am not afraid to use it

Comment

Working...
            X