Ignition Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition Module

I'm looking for an ignition module for a 81 1100 Special, the square box bolted to the fender beneath the seat. The one I have is working perfectly, but I would feel more comfortable if I had a spare.
    81 Black "1179" Xcessively trick Super Special. One owner (me).

What was it that my old Supply Sergeant used to tell me....? "If I give one to you... then I won't have one." Sorry... just had to.
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Dan you can find them all over as far as I know most of them are the same for the XS11's here is one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Hope this helps...

-FutZ

Comment

The 81 uses a different TCI than the 78-80's. Be careful on these. The older units part number starts with the 2H7 prefix. They won't interchange.

Comment

Originally posted by John
          The 81 uses a different TCI than the 78-80's. Be careful on these. The older units part number starts with the 2H7 prefix. They won't interchange.
          Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by FutZ
            Dan you can find them all over as far as I know most of them are the same for the XS11's here is one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Hope this helps...

-FutZ
            I checked and the part was for a 78 but thanks anyway.Futz you might have seen me a couple Sundays ago as I had ridden down to Hahn state park on I-55. I love that route because there is always lots of Harleys to beat up on.

Comment

Originally posted by prometheus578
              What was it that my old Supply Sergeant used to tell me....? "If I give one to you... then I won't have one." Sorry... just had to.
              Being from the state of Washington where it rains constantly, your supply Sergeant was no doubt all wet.

Comment

Dan I have a spare 1981 tci contactme off list Andreashweiss@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                X