XS1100 Go Cart on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS1100 Go Cart on Ebay

Sure beats the 5 horse Briggs I had in my go cart when I was a kid...

Ebay Listing
    Frank

1979 XS1100F Street Rat

XS11 Go Cart

With stock XS gearing and those small wheels/tires 50 mph is likely all it will do without over-reving. But "wow", if you could make those little tires "hook up" would that thing ever accelerate.
    Pull away in third and two quick shifts to high would get you there likely in 2 seconds. If you could get it hooked up. Otherwise a whole lot of wheel spin but no go.
    Ken/Sooke
    78E Ratbyk
    82 FT500 "lilRat"

Comment

You would think that would be the case, but it really doesn't work out that way. I have a quad I built (which is for sale) using a 79 GS550 motor. I really expected that going to the smaller diameter wheels and tires would mean that I would likely have to gear it up to get some speed out of it. Nope! Just the opposite. I have gone to the smallest sprocket I could get on the motor, and went to a larger rear sprocket to gear it down because you could barely get it going even slipping the clutch a lot. OTOH, you could go down the road pretty fast in 6th! I still don't have it geared down as far as it needs to be.
      John
      82 XJ1100J
      "eXJunk"

Comment

Re: XS11 Go Cart

Originally posted by ratbyk
        With stock XS gearing and those small wheels/tires 50 mph is likely all it will do without over-reving. But "wow", if you could make those little tires "hook up" would that thing ever accelerate.
        Pull away in third and two quick shifts to high would get you there likely in 2 seconds. If you could get it hooked up. Otherwise a whole lot of wheel spin but no go.
        Ken/Sooke
        78E Ratbyk
        82 FT500 "lilRat"
        Take a closer look at the pictures. The rear ring/pinion drives a chain/sprockets to the axle. That setup would allow practically any gearing that you wish.

Comment

Working...
        X