Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User, Hello and let me tell you about my new xs11 project

Hello everyone

Ive just reasontly gotton a XS11 that was wrecked 15 years ago and sat outside for a mojority of that time with no exhaust on it. When i got it the handlebars were mangled pointing in twards the tank, the tank itself had 1 large dent and a couple smaller, the headlight was smashed, and the speedometer is flat on 1 side.

I picked up the bike on a Sat. and the guy i got it from said i was waisting my time even trying to fix this thing because the motor was shot from sitting out for so long. Using the 5th grear rock back and forth method i had the bike turning over in about 20 mins. Iwanted to try and start the bike but had no key for it so i took the ignition off and "hot wired' it to crank it over using a spare battery from my other bike. turned overlike a new one. But once again having no key i couldnt even put fresh gas in it to try and start it. (Heres where having a step-father who is a locksmith and wants to help get this thing going comes in handy) Me and my step-father take the ignition to his place of employment and use this really nifty computer program to decifer the 3 didget code on the lock and within 15 mins we had a brand new key for the bike, free of charge too i might add.

Back at the garage new key in hand we unhot wire the bike hopeing we could start it normally from the handlebars, open the gas and add a gallon of 92 octane. only 1 prob now the start button is gone!! ok no big deal i c an work around that. I dissamble the switch and just hold the 2 wires together to start it and with a couple squirts of eather she's poppin and tryin. Finally she roars to life ready to go. cant run to long of rev it at all cause we have no exhaust though.

Now in order to get this thing road worthy again we could just leave it dented and nasty lookin throw a set of handlebars and a headlight and exhaust but isnt that allmost illegal in some states. So off comes the tank, covers and lovely crome fenders for stripping and paint. should be road worthy here b4 the end of the season this year hoping i can find the rest of the parts i need to repair the wreck. I need a speedometer, an exhaust and a set of handlebars. if anyone here could part with any of these parts that you might have extra just PM me or email me with what you want for them.

Thanks and like your guys's site too
    1980 XS1100 (project still need few things and then ready for paint and riding
    1980 Honda CB750F (modded with a 900cc and few others mods)

when you begin looking for parts, be sure to associate the correct model(s).
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

I 'PM'ed you... check it...
      I think I can help

1980 XS1100SG

Comment

Sorry about not saying what this one was. Im guessing this is a special. The side covers say XS eleven special. (would probebly be a good indication, huh?)

Not shure exactly how to tell the differance noticed you guys mention some were standards and some were specials. what are some of the differances between the 2 models.
        1980 XS1100 (project still need few things and then ready for paint and riding
        1980 Honda CB750F (modded with a 900cc and few others mods)

Comment

The serial number will tell you. So will the date of production. If it's after 9-79 it will be a 80 model. The serial number will start with 3J6 if it is an 80. I believe the 79 starts with 3H3.

Comment

Also the front forks have the axle in front of the sliders on the spec, at the bottom on the std. Seat on std has a plastic extension on the rear, not on spec, and spec has 16 inch rear wheel, std has 17. Std has larger gas tank, square guage housings and headlight and signals, spec has round lights and smaller peanut style gas tank.
            put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
            79 F (Blueballs)
            79 SF (Redbutt)
            81 LH (organ donor)
            79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
            76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
            rover has spoken

Comment

have speedo

i have a used speedo( well actually the whole cluster )
              make an offer i can't refuse including a few bucks shipping and it's yours. since you didn't mention needing to replace the headlight i assume you have one, but in case you don't , i have a couple of those too. email is the best way to get ahold of me-
              cappleyard@charter.net
              " if you want it different, chop it up."
              C.A. Kustoms

Comment

Working...
              X