Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front master cylinder

Hello all

I have stripped the front end getting it ready for re chroming/plastic coating. ? Can anybody let me know how to get the master cylinder bowl off its housing (thats if it comes off at all) as i need to get the part the brake leaver attaches to coated.

Also the triple tree, top is off. Bottom is still on will i need to buy a torque wrench if i remove the bottom tree for re fitting. And can i re use the same bearings is this safe.

OK thats it (for now)

Thanks Tony
    XS1100 SG
    Triumph Trophy 900
    Honda CB700sc

The bearings are commonly available at a bearing and seal supply store. At least here they are. The dealer wanted $22 a set, but I found them for half that at the bearing supply shop. Just take the old ones in and have them matched. They can be reused if you clean them, inspect the rollers for pitting, and make sure you check the race, or cup for indentations at the front and back of the race. That would be from the fore and aft rocking of the triple clamp. I had to replace mine for that reason. It would stick in the center position when turning from side to side. Some times a torque wrench isn't always needed. ot sure on how to remove the reserviour from the the body of the master cylinder though.

Comment

The master cylinder bowl can be pried off of the master cyllinder, but it is a tight fit. Try rotating it a bit first to be sure the o-ring is not stuck between the bowl and the housing. Then, slip a fine screwdriver blade in under the bowl and give it a gentle twist. Do this where there is the most overhang to work with, not along a narrow side. Work it up a bit from a couple of places and it will eventually pop right off.
      Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
      X