Vetter fairing bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetter fairing bracket

Does anyone know if the Vetter fairing bracket off an XJ1100 will also work on an XS1100? Basically, were there any frame mods from '81 to '82, particularly up front??
    Tom Hunt
    Lawrence, KS

1981 XS1100H
    1998 Concours, 1984 PE175, 1974 GTMX

Don't know about the bracket, but the fiche shows and extra cross brace about midway up from the bottom front curve of the frame towards the neck on the XJ, not on the XS!? If the bracket bolts to the frame using "U" type clamping bolts, then I would think there would be room for adjustments!?
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

The Vetter bracket I have on my XJ came from an XS; as far as I know the brackets are interchangeable. Both bolt to tapped holes in the frame under the tripple-T and have 2 additional clamps that secure the bottom 'legs' of the bracket to the downtubes.

There is a difference in XS/XJ horn mounting bracketry; on the XJ I had to relocate the horns from their stock location (required some wiring extensions) and make up mounts to put them on the Vetter bracket. You may need to do something similar, but the bracket should fit either bike.
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
      X