• reviving an XS - lookin' for some parts

needed for a 79 special:

1 - speedometer
    1 - center stand
    1 - side stand
    1 - left side cover
    1 - right side cover
    1 - clutch cable

i did find the above parts on ebay - but that stuff always goes REALLY high.

i don't really want to dump a lot of money into this bike - so i thought i would check to see if anyone here had some parts laying around that they wanted to get rid of for cheap.

parts for you

i have a center stand and a speedo, actually two of each but anyways. one speedo has 17k and the other has around 24k on the odometer. they both worked before they were removed. you know i'm sellin cheap so make an offer with shipping and they'll be on their way
    " if you want it different, chop it up."
    C.A. Kustoms

Comment

Parts

My speedo is the 80 miler and faded, but I do have a side stand, let me know.

Comment

Local resources;
        Boulder Bike Works
        1-888-448-8656

Tye's Recycle
        1-303-678-5683

Have scoured both yards for XS's- at least six in each. No side covers. Lot's of other stuff. Give 'em a call,I'll check it out for you before shipping. Have met with owners of both boneyards- given free reign to wander, identify and photo any parts of interest. Told them to expect calls from this group.
        '81H
        '77 GS750
        '80 ATC 200
        '79SF [stolen]

Comment

thanks for the replies everyone.

Cak is hooking me up with a speedo & possibly a centerstand.

i think i can get by without a different sidestand. the one on there is bent underneath the exhaust and i can't get it down with my foot - but once i get the 4-1 on there i don't think it will be an issue.

still looking for 2 good side covers. will keep watching ebay too.

Comment

Working...
          X