blue smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blue smoke

I recently read a thread that Ken wrote. He mentioned not having blue smoke from a 4 hr ride. I have my bike running really well right now. Compression tests out 120 psi on all 4 at 5800 ft elevation. The previous owner had 5 quarts of oil in it and was only running on 2 cylinders. There was oil comming out exhaust manifolds and the tail pipe. Caused, im sure from the oil. After tune up and carb overhaul, it runs good just takes few seconds of warming up before it will idle right. After this i wanted to take it for a ride and open it up. Speedometer didn't work so i had a freind clock my on his bike. His cruiser only got up to about 100. My question is, When i passed him going 100 mph he said he saw blue smoke from my exhaust. Was wondering if the blue smoke was the oil burning out of the mufflers, or is this common when you open it up around 120mph?

it could be oil still in the exaust,but why was there so much oil in the bike,was it using alot of oil in the first place so the other owner put extra oil in,so take it on a good run but keep checking the oil.

Comment

Owner had 5 qts of oil in it, and requires 3 qts. I assume it was leaking by with all the oil and pressure.

Comment

Only reason i can think of is that he was checking the oil with the bike on the kick stand

Comment

Working...
        X