chopped frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chopped frame

Hi, last time here I noticed that a few people wanted info on lowering their ride. I spent this summer putting 3000 KM's on a design that me and a buddy came up with over last winter. It involved cutting the frame were you sit, custom rear fender, forward controls, risers and drag bars, after market gauges, and little things like a smaller battery, new signals and taillight.
    I've had no complaints about the configuration and it has left me with no concerns.
    This in no way messed with drive line geometry, and gave the bike an agressive and lo look.
    If anyone is interested in pix, let me know, would be happy to duplicate if anyone is into that.

Thanks, Mike
    mgust@accesscomm.ca

I don't really want to change my 11 Special but always appreciate pictures of what others have done. Photobucket is free to register and hosts your pics. I'm sure others here would like to see what you've done.

Comment

photobucket

OK, if I did it right, you'll find my pix at

and two more, replacing (side) with (rear) and (my)

Mike
      **Hey Mike, just use the IMG button instead of the "http://" button, and then put the url for the picture in it, and it will show up. I editted yours above so the photo would show directly! T.C.

Comment

Mike,
        The photodump link doesn't work. See Ken Talbot's post http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...&threadid=5473 regarding problems with Photodump. I would really like to see pics of your bike as I want to resurrect my partser XS11 with custom / chop treatment.
        Dennis

Comment

link worked for me.

looks nice.

i like the rear fender.

Comment

Link worked for me too.

Nice chop.

I must add though that while at PhotoBucket, you can highlight the [IMG] address below the picture, right click it and copy it to the clipboard and then paste it into your text here as you're posting. That way the pictures show up with your post.

Like this:

Comment

$hity @ss motor you got john

that thing looks terible you should be ashamed of your self for posting such a dirty motor Oh ya sorry,that is a cool chopper.
              Last edited by chevy45412001; 09-12-2004, 05:33 PM.
              1982 XJ 1100
              going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
              now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't care much for the style of the rear fender. I guess if the rear of the bike sat a bit lower so the tire was tucked up in the fender more, it wouldn't look quite so "bulky". Other than that it looks pretty slick!
                John
                82 XJ1100J
                "eXJunk"

Comment

forward controls

where did you come up with the forward controls ? could you post a pic of the bike showing how far they stick out past the case covers?

i've been thinking about building a set for the next bike i build for myself but am concerned about how far out they will stick.i still have awhile to do some design work since i have one more bike to finish for a freind.( see post TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK for my transformations.)
                  " if you want it different, chop it up."
                  C.A. Kustoms

Comment

Working...
                  X