this dang fuel line isa crimpin my style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this dang fuel line isa crimpin my style

would somebody please terll me how to get that little short line on the left petcock on there with out ita crimpin shut! im talkin about the little short part from the t off the #1 line to the front spout on left petcock ive seen diagrams till im blue in the face .and i often wonder ...am i the only one who has a prob with this? signed ..crimped in arkansas ...

Chances are that your fuel line has cracked and been cut shorter to compensate. Just buy new line and cut it longer. Also consider adding inline fuel filters to cut down on rust/dirt from your tank making it to your carbs. If nothing else it will stop it from crimping.

-FutZ

Comment

On previous bikes I used snowmobile fuel line to replace the stock stuff. Not as heavy as auto fuel line, won't easily kink, and you can get it at a reasonable price in either 1/4 or 3/16 ID rom Dennis Kirk or snowmobile dealers. Note there are a couple qualities of line available, get the better stuff marketed as flexible to somethig like -20 deg F. It may be blue in color.
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I don't know how short your hose is. One tip I received in the past was to use a pring on a hose to keep it from kinking. The thinner the wire, the more flex.
        Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

use a pring on a hose to keep it from kinking.
          I'm sure the "S" didn't show up. He means a SPRING.

Comment

Actually, Honda used to put springs on the fuel lines on all their bikes right from the factory. Don't know if they still do or not.
            John
            82 XJ1100J
            "eXJunk"

Comment

On my standard, I was having a problem w/ the lines kinking shut after putting on fuel filters. The solution was to route the right side fuel line to the left petcock & the left fuel line to the right petcock. This gave me plenty of space.
              Ken
              '79 xs1100f
              '79 xs1100sf

Comment

Thanx for correctly adding the S to pring. I guess a spell check would have caught that.

I was having a problem because I added fuel filters below the tank. Routing it with long hose and going around the carb inlets helps out a lot.
                Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

Working...
                X