Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for 79 special tail light

Hello All!
    I am looking for a stock tail light assy for my 79 special. The PO has one of those tombstone lights on and it doesn't have much surface area. Sometimes I wonder if people can even see me from behind at night. Please e-mail me direct at revans@paonline.com if anyone has one for sale.

Thanks,
    Ron
    Ron Evans
    79 xs11sf
    99 kawasaki ninja 250 (70mpg)!

ebay 2489584049
    Don't put all yer eggs into one basket ,,,case

Comment

Your correct about them toomstone tail lights Ron. They give off very poor visibility night or day. I followed a friend recently with a tricked out Vulcan with one on it. I could not even tell when he had his brake light on durring the daylight.

You should find one on ebay fairly esily if your patient.
      Bubba1954
      (aka) Shannon Koehn
      Hutchinson, KS
      http://www.fototime.com/inv/0EE87CEC5C8C774

Comment

Remember, when you shop for the light on eBay, search XS650 and XS750 as well as XS1100. I believe they all use the same light.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

I just purchased a bracket off of e-bay but no light. You are welcome to my old bracket if you would like it. It does have some rust on it but it is solid. I also have a 79 xs1100 standard light and bracket if that would help. It is in great shape but the bracket will need some modification to fit on the special.
          "There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers, but there are no old bold bikers."

Comment

just been on ebay and someone has just broken a special and every think is up for grabs,it is in the usa as well.

Comment

The tail light assy is the same for the79 XS650 Special, &750 special and the 79 Xs11 Special. My tail light is from a 650 Special I quess that would make it a XS650SF. I don't have the 80 model seat or tail light on my bike. Didn't really know the difference between the 79-80 Special, till I brought my new seat home from the salvage yard, and the tail light wouldn't fit any more. Traded it for the 650 tail light.

Comment

Working...
              X