Gas Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Cap

Since my XS purchase, I have noticed a strong fuel odor. I decided yesterday, it is the result of a bad gasket on the fuel cap. While I was glad to hear they are still available from the local Yamaha dealer, I was told the gasket is part of the fuel cap assembly, and would run $53. Idea: Can I use silicon or gasket sealer across the top of the existing gasket to re-establish a good seal? Anyone run into this before?
    Regards,
    Slacker

Quote of the day: If you come to a fork in the road, take it. (Yogi Berra)

I don't think silicone is great around gasoline. However, you can find a pretty close match in the plumbing department of your local hardware store. Turns out that gasket is very similar to one used to attach the drain on a standard bathroom sink.
    Ken Talbot

Comment

Gas Cap Seal

You can order a new gas cap seal for your 650 from: www.650motorcycles.com
      Part # XS 20-0036 Gas Cap Seal $3.00
      Or phone Mike @ 1 352 540 9204
      Or E-mail him @ mikesXS@aol.com
      If you are going to own and ride an XS650 I suggest that you get one of his catalogs.
      I do not know what his state of affairs is post hurricane. If he is not up and running at the moment I'm sure that it will not be long before he is. With a $50.00 difference in price I will bet that you can wait a day or two.
      Ken/Sooke
      78E Ratbyk
      82 FT500 "lilRat"

Comment

Working...
      X