Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess I have to drive in a straight line.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I have to drive in a straight line.

On my XJ, my turn signals quit working. After much searching, I determined that the relay was not functioning. When I took the cover off and made contact with a screwdriver, the right side works fine, but the left front signal doesn't light up. It works fine as a running light, but when I complete the circuit through the relay, the running light filament goes out and the other one doesn't turn on. Could I have crossed or disconnected a wire somewhere in my tracking down the problem? Any ideas guys?

'82 XJ1100J-John
    '78 XS1100E-Name Forthcoming (It's a Girl!)

burnt out bulb

try replacing the front bulb with 1157.
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Signals

Also recheck the ground on the LF. If one element of the bulb will light on one internal circuit but not the other it sounds like it is grounding through the other element within the bulb.
      Ken/Sooke

Comment

Both elements are good, I replaced the bulb with a new one (and then tested the elements of the first bulb...duh) and the second element refuses to work in either case when it's in the receptacle. Maybe I jostled a wire loose when I reinstalled the headlight...I'll check into that after class.

Thanks guys!

'82 XJ1100J-John
        '78 XS1100E-Name Forthcoming (It's a Girl!)

Comment

Working...
        X