Front brake pad PN#'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front brake pad PN#'s

Well i finally got my new brake pads from the dealer for my 79 sf and they were two diff sets, no prob i knew they were diff for either side on the front. Well i got one side done but took apart the other side and they didn't look like anything besides the rear brake pads. I told the dealer they were for a special and i needed both front sets. whats so hard about that. anyway i would like to know which set of pads i have, the one that has correct had a number of 4K0-W0045-02
    Y040317A

The incorrect ones that look like the back are:
    4K0-W0045-02
    Y040609A

in the clymer manual they say the front pads won't work for the back because of diff in material and won't work good in wet weather, is this still true or should i just save these pads for the rear and order a set for the front? thanks fer the help
    79 xs1100sf
    79 firebird
    85 f250 truggy

Special pads

Hi there,
    surely the front sets of pads on all XS11 Specials are the weird tapered ones that go on the swivelly calipers?
    I'd say take the different pads back and tell them to swap 'em for the ones you ordered in the first place.
    Fred Hill, S'toon.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Re: Special pads

Originally posted by fredintoon
      Hi there,
      surely the front sets of pads on all XS11 Specials are the weird tapered ones that go on the swivelly calipers?
      I'd say take the different pads back and tell them to swap 'em for the ones you ordered in the first place.
      Fred Hill, S'toon.

I would love to tell the guy that, but there seems to be a prob. I went back and this time when he looked them up yamaha has the left side pads discontinued and are using the back style pads for that number. So if you want pads from your dealer try and get them before they are all gone.........good luck
      79 xs1100sf
      79 firebird
      85 f250 truggy

Comment

See if you can get some Ferodo pads at http://www.vintagebrake.com
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Pad exchange

7911 says:-
          "I would love to tell the guy that, but there seems to be a prob. I went back and this time when he looked them up yamaha has the left side pads discontinued and are using the back style pads for that number. "
          >
          I guess the lesson here is "don't go back there again"
          There is no way a rear pad will fit in the front caliper of a Special so I doubt if Yamaha is advising that substitution.
          I don't know which is worse, that your dealer is dumb enough to do this or that your dealer is dumb enough to think you'd swallow that BS.
          Gotta be an aftermarket place that has them, try Michael Morse at Vintage Brake.
          Fred Hill, S'toon.
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

it actually had a dis by the number or something on the exploded parts view right next the number for the left pad......so i could beleive the discontinueditbut i don't get why they wouldn't change the numbers. the number on that pad that was incorrect was thenuber for the left side on their exloded view....but i orded a few sets online today just to make sure i would have a set for the future.
            79 xs1100sf
            79 firebird
            85 f250 truggy

Comment

hi 79 11 igot one of these and had same concerns my thread is page 5 of this site between 101-125 gaffer77 brake pads and caliper fittment the guys on here sent me parts n more all three sets FOR THE SPECIAL!!!! $34 us dollars they even have a pic www.partsnmore.com u should read all my thread as a few answers there as well good luck see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Don't put all yer eggs into one basket ,,,case

Comment

Working...
              X