XJ emblem re-hab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ emblem re-hab

I've searched the threads looking to see if anyone had tried Rub&Buff Gold on the emblems. Didn't find anything so.....went out and got some Gold Leaf and tried it on my side cover.

Almost all the gold was worn off and what was showing was white plastic. Put some on with my finger and buffed it off ....not to bad at all.

It doesn't reflect as much as original but I was pretty happy with the results and it took about 5 minutes to do.

Anyone else try this??
    Last edited by cruiser; 09-01-2004, 07:42 PM.
    XJ1100 Ruby Red
    XS1100LH "Midnight"
    1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Do you think it could work on some bald edges and the clear coated? I've been waiting for this post!
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Probably would.
      I'm doing up all my quarters and heading off to the bank tomorrow. What's gold selling for these days??

Seriously, I purposely left a bit of gold on one letter and the r&b didn't seem to stick to that. It covered the edges of my letters just fine.
      XJ1100 Ruby Red
      XS1100LH "Midnight"
      1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Rub n Buff

God I love that stuff. I was asked about in the original post if it would work on the emblems but I didn't know. Please add to the thread at http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...&threadid=3987 how you think it worked so others will know. I think they will look better after you clear coat them.
        There's always a way, figure it out.
        78XS11E

Comment

Working...
        X