Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any company make a center stand for a 4-1 exh??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any company make a center stand for a 4-1 exh??

I have 2 center stands - 'can't use either one because the 4-into-1 exhaust system is "in the way"... anybody know of someone, or some company that makes an "after market" center stand for those of us who have the 4-into-1 systems??
    TIA, Ron

1980 XS1100SG

Hey there UncleSpot,

Must be an older set of pipes, cause the ones I've seen lately state that they preserve the use of center stand, and don't get in they way of oil/filter changes!! You may have to get another set of pipes, or find a welder and modify your existing stands!?
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

yep, this is an older set... 'have to pull the exh.system to drop the oil filter, and the only way you can drain the oil is all over the pipes - it gets messy... so, it doesn't pay to be 'lazy' when changing oil

Since I've got 2 sets of center stands I may break out the welder and see what I can come up with...

1980 XS1100SG

Comment

Just my personal preference, but the 1st thing I've ever done to any bike I've ever owned is to tear off the centrestand and junk it. Unneccesary, ugly, bulky, heavy, ground scraping utensils. I consider them a riding hazard.

Comment

I have a 4-1 exhaust like the one you spoke of. I have a centerstand as well. I've only scraped it once, promise.

Don't be a sissy. Live dangerously. Or just go stock.
          I am a rhinoceros and my skin is three feet thick.
          //////////////WARSENAULT/////////////

Comment

I had to rework my kick stand and junk the center stand. They both scrape when you don't ride like a sissy.

Comment

I admit to scraping my center stand lever on left banks, and my Exhaust megaphone on right banks, but that was before I learned to slide my lazy butt on the seat to get better leaning/ steering leverage without actually having to lean the bike so far over!! Thanks Gary G (66) for the tips!! But it's kinda fun, and getting bragging rights for scraping in some tight turns .

But I do like my center stand for maintainance work and such!!
              T.C.
              T. C. Gresham
              81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
              79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
              History shows again and again,
              How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I keep it in the shop and bolt it on when it need it. Only 2 bolts

Comment

Working...
                X