Kenda Challenger tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenda Challenger tires

Anyone know anything about Kenda Challenger tires?

Opinions / Facts?

Tom B.

Plug in 'kenda' in the search tab at the top of the page - you'll find a number of previous tire threads. Then, just for fun, put 'oil' into the search engine and see one or two oil threads...
    Ken Talbot

Comment

Oil Threads

Ken, you are leading the guy down a very crowded over done path with the oil thread suggestion. Didn't know that you had a mean streak. Tee Hee
      Ken/Sooke

Comment

Tab, I had a kenda rear with a kenda front one time.

One time only.

The front SPLIT across when about 1/3rd worn.

The rear slid like crazy on dampish roads. Then, before the tread was even 3/4ths worn, the rubber started shredding in 6 inch patches. Basically, I hated the bloody things.

Comment

Kenda = manure. Unfortuantly my KZ650 came with a new pair of them. (

Geezer
          Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Kenda? In my experience, they are black and shaped like a tire. All similarity with a tire ends there.

I was forced into buying a Kenda once because my rear tire starting coming apart on the highway. I limped it along at 25mph to the nearest shop, leaving a trail of rubber chunks as the tire continued its self destruction. When I got to the shop, the only thing that they had in stock that would fit was a Kenda. The old tire that was self destructing was still a better tire than the new Kenda was. The only good thing that I can say about them is that they wear like cast iron. Unfortunately. the traction is also about the same as cast iron. Riding on a wet road was like riding on ice. I think that Kenda is Taiwanese for "petrified rubber". Don't waste your money on them.

Comment

I think that Kenda is Taiwanese for "petrified rubber".
              Renegade, tell us how you really feel about them....

Comment

Originally posted by JohnSg

Renegade, tell us how you really feel about them....
                Can't. This is a family board.

Comment

Actually Kenda tires are the worst tires I've seen sold on the US market. Anybody remember Swallow or Hua Fong tires? Gwad afull at best...

Geezer
                  Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Don't confuse the Kenda with Chen seng....

I ran Kendas on a lot of small bikes, 350 - 400 cc, with good results. Problem is the 13-90-16 size used by the XS/XJ is often used on smaller, lighter bikes. These tires are just not designed for a large bike with higher HP even though they fit the rims. The Kendas worked just fine on my old '83 Yamaha 400 Maxim, where I used several sets over the 40,000+ miles I put on it, and I also ran them on my Honda CB350.

Michelin or someone uses the phrase "there is a lot riding on your tires" and this is particularly true of motorcycles. Don't skimp on tires...cheap may look good but the savings are not worth it in safety, mileage, and peace of mind.
                    Jerry Fields
                    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                    '06 Concours
                    My Galleries Page.
                    My Blog Page.
                    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
                    X