Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ11 Front Brake Caliper O-rings

The impossible part:

I have been through hardware stores, autoparts stores, and three different "seal specialty shops". I have talked to vintage bike shops, and a couple of Yamaha dealers too.

I can not find the outer O-rings for my front brake calipers anywhere.

Yamaha sells a rebuild kit, that includes a bunch of stuff I don't need for about $55 each - and I'd need two of them to get both O-rings.

The seal specialty shops have too-small and too-large round O-rings, and right-sized preformed square O-rings that are too thick to allow the piston to pass.

My old inner seals are fine, and can be reused, I need the smaller outer ring that keeps dirt from getting inside of the cylinder. These are the old '80s-style "sliced" square rings.

If anyone has these, or can direct me to where to find them they will take a place on my hero hall of fame - 'cause dragging my feet is just not a good way to stop!

Thanks!
    Jon In Denver

Try checking out the extensive o-ring listings in the on-line catalog at McMaster Carr
    Ken Talbot

Comment

i had the same problem. I wound up having a set made at a local rubber shop, cost me twenty five bucks for 2 o rings(ouch) but it was better than the 110 for the kits. THe kit only comes with the piston and the o ring for one caliper. hard to believe that yamaha only used that oring on one bike....
      DN

Comment

Looks like parts n more has a rebuild kit without the piston thats $14 bucks per caliper. Im not sure this is exactly what you're looking for, but its worth a look.
        I am a rhinoceros and my skin is three feet thick.
        //////////////WARSENAULT/////////////

Comment

Working...
        X